Saturday, January 23, 2010

Update :)

I am now finished with week #4 of my training with the Lovaas Institute and things are going well. I'm learning a lot and loving the kids I work with! I still have an estimated 4 weeks of training left. I say estimated because there is a chance I could finish earlier. Aside from in house training, I have been to the office for several orientations and other various trainings. For now, I'm not in a hurry because I want to learn how to do everything well so I can provide effective therapy when I pass my competencies.
It's been strange trying to get used to this new schedule. It's nice to come home after work or hang out with friends without the looming thought of homework over my head. Although, I have had to start finding other things to fill my time with. I have loved starting to read books for fun (I forgot what that was like). I still watch movies when I can and I'm hoping to find more time to spend with friends. If anyone has other ideas for what I could do(preferably cheap things), let me know!
Other than working, I haven't been up to much. I'm ready to be done with winter already! My little VW bug is doing quite well in this weather! I'm thankful that I haven't had any problems with it! Every time I get cold, I wish I could head back to Greece where I could lay on the beach all day, read and take a swim....then I get snapped back to the real world in Minnesota. Oh well, only a few more months of this, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment